Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Leo. Yeoman Fitzwallace."

Sometimes I despair of human beings.

Tonight at work the customers were being exceptionally delightful (meaning I spent most of the evening wishing I could stab most of them in the eyes with barbecue forks) and to top it all off, I had this winner of an experience:

A couple was looking for books with audio CDs for their children-in particular they wanted "Pirates of the Caribbean" books. After being told we didn't have (and couldn't get) any, the man wanted to know if there were any non-children's audiobooks of "Pirates of the Caribbean". I tried to explain that movies don't usually come in audiobook format, but he was unconvinced. So to shut him up, I did a search on the computer.

Me: No, I'm sorry, there isn't anything available. The closest I could come would be an audiobook of "Treasure Island".
Him: "Treasure Island"...is that a pirate book?

No comments:

Post a Comment