Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I believe I would eat this book rather than read it."

Just finished another book in Sue Grafton's alphabet series. I've read most of them, but in rather cattywampus fashion. I like these books-they're reliably interesting, quite often funny and usually a surprise at the end. Eventually I will get them all, but while my books are in storage I can't remember what I have for sure.

In addition to discussing books I've read, I have decided to add movies I've seen recently. Last night I went to Country Strong, and boy howdy, is that movie bad. The music was fun, Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw handled their parts ably, and Garrett Hedlund is ridiculously good-looking (in addition to singing well) but the movie is just AWFUL. Poorly written, confusingly edited and badly thought out-wait for the dollar theater if you see it at all. (I'm trying to avoid ruining the story, so if you want to hear a more detailed review, come talk to me. Believe me, I have my reasons.)

Finally, two titles that amused me today:
I Am Not A Serial Killer (which I find comforting)
Darker Shades of Dead (which is what I assume happens after you've been buried. Yes? No?)

No comments:

Post a Comment